Friday, November 8, 2013

Unearthly

Back in 2010, Zoo Kid released a home-made mixed and mastered track he created with his friends via House Anxiety Records at 16 years old.


In 2011, Zoo Kid transitioned to King Krule and debuted his new title at a festival in France.

I feel deprived to the bone that I hadn't heard of this kid before this past summer with his release of 6 Feet Beneath The Moon via True Panther Sounds. It's November, and I'm still not over it.



The album is an incredibly layered piece of art that is impossible to confine to a genre, so I won't even bother.


It hits at every part of the body. It appeals to every sense. It is everything.



Read into this kid; at only 19 years old he will grab your attention and hold onto it. I was at WalMart and saw a relatively thin red headed boy, and my heart sunk thinking of King Krule. The feelings I experienced during the course of this record are that deep.

Here is an interview he did with The Guardian that is particularly effective in illustrating his demeanor; he encompasses a natural, relatable anger toward the world all the while possessing a relentless desire to do this "life" thing the right way.

Can I hang out with you guys?

Here are some of his side projects to check out:
DJ JD Sports
Edgar the Beatmaker

For the record: I wouldn't have broken your heart, Archy Marshall.

-- 

By: Marlena Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog